I lose my job and lose the ability to remember things.
The day I lost my job, I lost my glasses.
A few days later, I forget to take my purse with me into the market -- and have to leave my collected items in the basket while I go out for my purse.
I leave the charger for my computer at our house in CT, not once, but twice. The first time I drive up (120 miles round-trip) after my teaching is over for the day and get back in time for a faculty meeting. The second time, I lug my computer down by subway to my daughter's office on 42nd Street, and she recharges it for me -- and then I'm very careful about using my computer for the rest of the week.
And last weekend I left my gradebook and folders of student papers up at the house, and had to leave home before 5 a.m. (was up at 4:30) to drive 90 miles up to our house in CT, retrieve the student papers and my gradebook, and drive 60 miles more to get to school by 7:45 -- but because of traffic coming down 684, I arrive just before 8.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment